Monday, February 7, 2011

Take Two And Call Me In The Morning

We spent Friday afternoon at the Doctors. Stink Butt had not been on his game for the last couple of days. I thought perhaps it was because Papa was out of town and he missed him. His teachers even commented on his behavior Thursday after class.

He had been coughing but nothing that I was concerned about. He took a nap as soon as we got home from school which is something he NEVER does (at least not willingly) and even went to bed early. When he woke up with boogies and complaining about his eye hurting I made the appointment. By the time he woke up from Friday's nap his whole eye was red, swollen and gunky. Yuck-to-the-O!

Glad that once again I trusted myself, and made the appointment in the morning when I did. I always second guess myself. When am I gonna realize that I'm "that good" and to just go with it.  We walked away with two prescriptions, one for his eyes and an antibiotic to clear up the gunk.

The point of this lovely story is because I wonder if anyone else out there in mommyland has trouble remembering when if medicine has been given and how many more days there are to give it. So I made this handy little chart to help me, and thought y'all out there may find it helpful too! I modified it a bit in case there is more than one child in the house or worse more then one child at a time on medication  in the house!   I chose to make it for ten days because in this household 10 days worth is typically what we get in antibiotic rations. This may also be helpful for those of you that have care-givers in the home such as a nanny or grandparent. I find it helpful because sometimes my husband takes care of Stink Butt in the morning and we may not have communicated if medicine was given or vice-versa in the evenings, so it's handy to look at the chart.

Be well, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment