Monday, January 24, 2011

Wouldn't You Like Know

Two years ago I was asked to list 25 random facts about myself on Facebook. A lot of it is still true. My goal is to get 25 random facts about my readers in the comments section. Come on, you know there is something weird unique about you, spill it!

25 Random Things.

  1. I want to have Steven Tyler  over for dinner.
         (may I add this is pre-American Idol days)
  2. I will stop whatever I am doing if Steel Magnolias is on.
  3. I like my blankets to have texture.
  4. I HATE HATE HATE stray pieces of hair- gross!
  5. That goes for stray lint and dust bunnies too.
  6. I don’t like to cook for less than three people.
  7. My best friend will look at this and find that it is grammatically incorrect.
  8. I want my son to have a little brother or sister or two
  9. I’d like to own a B& B one day because I like people but not enough for them to stick around.
  10. I want to meet Morgan Freeman and Dixie Carter (that's not gonna happen, anytime soon) but not at the same time.
  11. I dance around during the day while doing chores to get some exercise
  12. I detest Bicyclist that insists on riding on the street when there is a bike path RIGHT OVER THERE!
  13. It annoys me when people push on to an elevator when I am trying to get off. DUH, you will have more room once I am out of the way.
  14. Sometimes I just want cake.
  15. My husband has kicked off 2 of my toe nails (they never grew back nicely)
  16. Despite being an AWFUL student I loved teaching.
  17. My husband’s childhood photos look exactly like my first grade school crush.
  18. I hate reading books but read 3-4 magazines a week.
  19. I went to the gym 100 times in 2008!
  20. There are sapphires in my engagement ring that no one can see.
  21. Two “Elvis Presley” came to my rehearsal dinner.
  22. 90% of my friends are in education.
  23. My sister and I are the ONLY two people in our family with OUR red hair
  24. If I was born a boy my name would have been Matthew (I used it for my son’s middle name)
  25. I want to make a Christmas song album and have the cover art be me as a smokey jazz singer in a red dress with one of those old school crome microphones!
  26. I know it is only supposed to be 25 random things, But I have a random thing about the number 26!

4 comments:

  1. I was excited to see that you started a blog! I have one myself -- but need to get better about posting on it. :^)

    Here's a random fact about me: I enjoy reading manga and watching anime (only certain types, mind you). Yes, that's a little known dorktastic fact about me. ;^)

    Melissa xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Melissa, way to release your dorkiness! send me the link to your blog so I can follow it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Posting for Bette via FB. She brings our random facts total up to 13. Interesting stuff, Bette, Who knew?
    ‎1. My birth name was Martha Jean Barber. I am definitely not a typical Martha (as in Stewart or the Bible) .
    2. Carlton was named for a Memphis lawyer whose wife played the organ for our wedding. His middle name is Harry's. Carolee's middle name is Elizabeth, my given name ( nickname Bette). Both children were named before Harry and I were married.
    3. I stop whatever I am doing to watch "The American President". I think President Obama comes closest to the Michael Douglas role that any other President in my lifetime.
    4. I have a doll that has been under our Christmas tree every year since I was born. Harry and I bought Carolee a doll that's been under the tree every year since she was born. That doll's face is a dead ringer for Colin!
    5. The first time I saw children who had hair the color of mine before I was an adolescent was in Denmark.
    6. After cataract surgery I no longer needed the glasses that have been part of my face since early elementary school. I know I should wear protective goggles because my eyes are not used to being unprotected!
    7. I was on Pennsylvania Ave. on November 24 1963 when President Kennedy's body was transferred from the White House to the Capitol. I stood diagonally across the street from where John John saluted his father. I had turned sixteen the day before.
    8. I attended the tickertape parade in Chicago for the astronauts who went to the moon in 1969.
    9. I went to see ”To Kill a Mockingbird" on the day the Malco (now the Orpheum) was integrated beyond the upper balcony.
    10. My grandfather ran the projector at the Orpheum when it was also still the stage for vaudeville.
    11. My parents honeymooned at the Peabody. My first kiss was at the Peabody.
    12. Ours was the first wedding for which the St. Luke's choir sang.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's the link to my blog:

    http://littlebitsdesigns.blogspot.com/

    I'm about to put up a new post. I just need to put the photos in. :^)

    ReplyDelete